Prince Harry likens his marriage to Diana and Dodi Fayed’s relationship
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
While equating his mother being “chased to her death while in a relationship with someone that wasn’t white” to his love with Meghan Markle, Prince Harry has spoken out about his dread of history repeating again.
Harry contrasted his wife’s hounding to that of his mother, who was murdered in a vehicle accident in Paris in 1997 while on vacation with her lover.
“My mother was chased to her death while she was in a relationship with someone that wasn’t white, and now look what’s happened,” he said.
“She [Meghan] was going to end her life. It shouldn’t have to get to that. Do I have any regrets? Yeah. My biggest regret is not making more of a stance earlier on in my relationship with my wife and calling out the racism when I did.
After being engaged in a vehicle accident in Paris in 1997, Princess Diana and her lover Dodi sadly died. Prince Harry was just 12 years old at the time, while his older brother, Prince William, was 15 years old.
The Duke of Sussex recounted the time in 2019 when Markle told him she was suicidal when six months pregnant with their son, Archie.
The pair was supposed to attend the Royal Albert Hall premiere of Cirque du Soleil’s Totem show, but Harry stated something was wrong.
“Earlier that evening, she decided to share with me the suicidal thoughts and the practicalities of how she was going to end her life,” he said.
Harry also stated that he believes he possesses a lot of his mother’s energy. “Towards my late 20s I was starting to ask questions of, ‘Should I really be here?’ and that was when I suddenly started going, ‘You can’t keep hiding from this.’ Family members have said, ‘Just play the game and your life will be easier,’ but I’ve got a hell of a lot of my mum in me.
The pair previously told Oprah Winfrey that Meghan “didn’t want to be alive” while dealing with her mental health, and that a family member had “concerns” about Archie’s skin tone when he was born, among other things.
Dodi Al Fayed was the son of Mohammed Al Fayed, the former owner of Harrods and Princess Diana’s boyfriend at the time of her death. Dodi was 42 years old when he died.
Dodi, the eldest of five boys, was raised as a normal heir to wealth and lived a lavish lifestyle.
He worked as a film producer, dividing his time between London, Los Angeles, and Paris, where he had relatives.
Dodi’s reported girlfriends before Diana include Julia Roberts, supermodel Brooke Shields, and Winona Ryder.
He married model Suzanne Gregard in 1986, but the couple split after eight months.
“We chose to put our mental health first. That’s what we’re doing, and that’s what we’ll continue to do. Isn’t this all about breaking the cycle and making sure that history doesn’t repeat itself. Whatever pain and suffering that’s happened to you, you don’t pass it on,” Harry explained.
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Lili Reinhart poses for topIess photo on a rooftop
- Actress in shock as she flashes crotch on red carpet
- Willem Dafoe’s confusing, large D*** was cut from film
- Charlotte Crosby accidentally flashes her under wear
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts