Although Duchess Kate and Meghan Markle have not been especially close, there is always potential for a reconciliation in their future.
According to a source who talked to Us Weekly, the Duchess of Cambridge has been trying to improve their family relationship after the birth of Meghan Markle’s second child, Lilibet Diana. “Kate has been reaching out to Meghan a lot more since [Lilibet] was born, she’s sending [notes and] gifts and trying to build up a relationship,” they said. “The firm has been instructing staffers to reach out more to Harry and Meghan to get them to soften a bit.”
While the two have certainly had their disagreements, as were highlighted during Markle and Prince Harry’s dramatic Oprah Winfrey interview, the duchesses seem to have a mutual degree of respect. In March, Markle begged, “If you love me, you don’t have to hate her. And if you love her, you don’t have to hate me .”
She also said that the “narrative” about how she made Kate cry before her wedding in 2018 was a reverse of what really happened.
She explained, “A few days before the wedding she was upset about flower girl dresses and it made me cry. It really hurt my feelings. It was a really hard week of the wedding. And she was upset about something, but she owned it, and she apologized. And she brought me flowers and a note, apologizing.”
Sounds nice, however there have been contradictory stories regarding all of this turmoil! For example, royal historian Robert Lacey recently released a revised edition of his book Battle of the Brothers and stated that William and Kate saw “no point” in speaking with Harry. According to Lacey, “They told friends that they could see no point in talking to Harry, since any discussion of substance would go straight back to Meghan to be leaked out via Oprah [Winfrey] or some other tentacle of the Sussex network.”
Another source said that Kate and Meghan had not spoken in a long time.
“They were never that close, but the reason they’re not speaking is because of the rift between Prince Harry and Prince William,” the insider explained. “Harry and William have communicated sparingly over the last year, but none of their communications have been friendly in quite some time. There is real animosity that the brothers have toward one another, and that has spilled over to Meghan and Kate’s relationship, making it very hard for them to be friends or even friendly.”
With the birth of baby Lilibet, however, there is optimism that all of that will change and the couple’s relationship will improve. In regards to the baby, Kate informed First Lady Dr. Jill Biden during their early June meeting, “We haven’t met her yet. I hope that will be soon.”
William and Kate took to Instagram to congratulate Meghan and Harry on the birth of Lilibet, saying,
“We are all delighted by the happy news of baby Lili’s arrival,” William, 39, and Kate, who have Prince George, 7, Princess Charlotte, 6, and Prince Louis, 3, said on Instagram at the time. “Congratulations to Harry, Meghan and Archie.”
Kate Middleton’s efforts may have already rubbed off on Prince William. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge reunited on July 1 to dedicate a monument commemorating their late mother, Princess Diana. Despite Prince Harry’s previous comments about his broken ties with his family, the brothers seemed to be amicable during the occasion.
- Ben Affleck Was Nearly Replaced by Tom Hanks in $115M Thriller That Was Originally Set to Be Directed by First Ever Female Oscar Winning Director
- Paul Simon reveals hearing loss, reflects on mortality: ‘My generation’s time is up’
- “He treats his actors like horses”: Tom Hanks Hated Working With Clint Eastwood While Filming $241M Drama for a Shocking Reason
- No invitation to the King’s birthday parade for Prince Harry
- Sicko Wants $75k For Pieces Of The Car Paul Walker Died In
- Spoelstra, Heat bow out with ‘no regrets on our end’
- Why is Meghan Markle not telling Prince Harry he’s making a fool of himself?
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘not welcome’ at historical royal event for first time ever
- Prince Harry shares the moment he realised Meghan Markle was his ‘soulmate’
- Harry is seen as a ‘loose cannon by Royals while Meghan appears set on destroying’ the Institution’
- Jennifer Lopez forced ex to fire hot female staffers
- Jack Nicholson’s friends fear he’ll die alone like Brando
- Amber Heard may have staged the TJ Maxx shopping pics to sell them herself!
- Jennifer Lopez, Ben Affleck have tense red carpet argument
- Brad Pitt made director cry when he rejected movie role
- Kate Beckinsale addresses plastic surgery reports
- Why Salma Hayek slapped Ryan Reynolds two times
- Julia Roberts was slapped by Sean Penn
- Why Daniel Craig wanted James Bond to die earlier
- Eva Mendes feared working with Will Smith would ruin her career