Prince Harry learned of Prince Phillip’s death from a Police visit at his home
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
Police arrived to Prince Harry’s residence in California in the middle of the night to notify him that Prince Phillip had died.
After failing to wake Harry by phone at 3 a.m. on April 9, embassy officials allegedly requested that the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office dispatch an officer to his residence. The scheme was devised when the Duke of Sussex failed to answer his phone at his £11 million estate in Montecito, California, despite numerous efforts. According to the news site, an officer approached one of the couple’s staff members at the gate and told him he needed to phone the Embassy immediately.
According to The Telegraph, Buckingham Palace notified the US embassy in London, who then requested that the news be sent to the Duke of Sussex as soon as possible.
“We did go to the house on the ninth at 3 am on the request of Buckingham Palace,” the spokesperson said. “The call note says it was a call for service from the US embassy in London,” they continued.
On April 9, Prince Philip died at the age of 99 at Windsor Castle. Buckingham Palace announced in a statement announcing his death, “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty. The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle. Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.”
The Duke of Sussex, 36, then rushed back to the United Kingdom for Philip’s burial on April 17, amidst criticism over the explosive Oprah Winfrey interview he and Meghan had participated in weeks before. Doctors recommended Meghan not to go since she is heavily pregnant with her second child.
Harry claimed in his new documentary series, The Me You Can’t See, which tries to remove the stigmas connected with mental health concerns, that travelling back to the UK is a “trigger” for him since it reminds him of his late mother, Princess Diana.
“For most of my life, I’ve always felt worried, concerned, a little bit tense and uptight whenever I fly back into the UK, whenever I fly back into London.
“For me, London is a trigger, unfortunately. Because of what happened to my mum, and because of what I experienced and what I saw,” he explained.
Philip had a “seriously sharp wit” and “could hold the attention of any room due to his charm – and also because you never knew what he might say next,” according to Harry’s tribute. It is unknown what Philip thought of the Megxit saga last year, when Harry resigned as a senior working royal to pursue a new life in the United States with the Duchess of Sussex. It’s also unclear if he was aware of, or what he thought of, the consequences from the Sussexes’ Oprah appearance, in which they accused the Royal Family of racism.
Despite the acknowledged schism between the brothers, Harry attended Philip’s burial at Windsor Castle and was spotted interacting with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge afterwards.
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Actress in shock as she flashes crotch on red carpet
- Lili Reinhart poses for topIess photo on a rooftop
- Willem Dafoe’s confusing, large D*** was cut from film
- Charlotte Crosby accidentally flashes her under wear
- Actor was ‘disgusted’ by his own masturbati0n scene
- Jada smith hates Margot Robbie for sleeping with Will Smith
- “Steven Seagal squeezed my a*s on the wall”: Actor
- Jack Nicholson’s friends fear he’ll die alone like Brando
- Kim Kardashian flaunts her curvy assets
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jennifer Lawrence’s huge N!PPLES scare her
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set