Meghan Markle may never set foot on British soil again
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
Anna Pasternak, author of The American Duchess: The Real Wallis Simpson, told Express UK that she doubted the Duchess of Sussex would ever visit the UK again. Ms Pasternak said it was a “emphatic no” that Mrs Markle would return to the UK with her husband, Prince Harry, for the unveiling of the Princess Diana statue this summer.
She said: “I think that there is as much likelihood of her returning to the UK this summer, as there is of her reconciling with her father.
“I would not be at all surprised if she never sets foot on British soil again.”
Could be booed
There is “genuine concern,” according to a royal commentator, that the Duchess of Sussex could meet a hostile reception from the public if she attends an event in the United Kingdom in the future.
If Meghan Markle returns to the UK, royal family staff say she would be booed at a royal function.
According to MailOnline, Meghan’s attendance at the unveiling of a Princess Diana statue at Kensington Palace in July is reportedly uncertain.
As they brace for what would have been their late mother’s 60th birthday, courtiers hope that the occasion would bring feuding brothers William and Harry into “positive dialogue.”
Since Harry and Meghan gave a candid interview on Oprah Winfrey’s show in March, there has been a lot of outrage.
The Duchess of Sussex is now out of the country while pregnant, but royal courtiers worry that once she returns, she will cause problems.
“There are genuine concerns that she could be booed at an event attended by members of the public given her current unpopularity in the UK as a result of the Oprah interview,” writes MailOnline.
Following the Oprah appearance, a YouGov poll found that Meghan and Harry’s support tanked.
Two-fifths of Britons like of Harry, although half (49%) dislike.
And three out of ten people (29%) like Meghan, while three out of five (61%) dislike her.
Royal analysts are split about whether the Duke of Sussex will return to the UK this summer with his brother Prince William to unveil a modern statue of his late mother, Princess Diana.
One scholar, Lady Colin Campbell, a royal author, believes Harry will not return this summer.
“He knows that if he comes back he will be met with a wall of ice, not only by the family but by everybody connected to the family and the British public,” she added.
“It would be a wise move on his part if he did not come back for it, but it would be an even wiser move if he came back and displayed some element of regret for his behaviour.”
Phil Dampier, another royal specialist, suggests Prince Harry will not return to the UK without his wife, who is reportedly expecting their second child.
Meghan was unable to attend Philip’s funeral with her husband due to a doctor’s recommendation that the couple’s daughter is due in a few months.
Ms Pasternak, on the other hand, believes the pregnancy and pandemic are all an excuse to avoid the Royal Family.
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Lili Reinhart poses for topIess photo on a rooftop
- Actress in shock as she flashes crotch on red carpet
- Willem Dafoe’s confusing, large D*** was cut from film
- Charlotte Crosby accidentally flashes her under wear
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts