Meghan Markle blogged about Kate’s wedding before claiming she ‘didn’t know much about royals’
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
In an unearthed article from 2014, four years before her wedding to Prince Harry, Meghan Markle discussed the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding.
During the shocking interview with Oprah Winfrey, the Duchess of Sussex said she didn’t know anything about the royal family and that she hadn’t done any homework on her future husband.
Meghan revealed: “I went into it naively because I didn’t grow up knowing much about the royal family.
“I didn’t fully understand what the job was. It wasn’t something that was part of conversation at home. It wasn’t something that we followed.”
She also said that she had not “Googled” Harry prior to meeting him.
Following the Cambridges’ royal wedding in 2011, the Duchess of Sussex published a post on her now-defunct blog The Tig discussing “the endless conversation about Princess Kate”
“Little girls dream of being princesses. I, for one, was all about She-Ra, Princess of Power,” Meghan wrote following her interview with Princess Alia Al-Senussi, a member of Libyan royalty.
“For those of you unfamiliar with the ‘80s cartoon reference, She-Ra is the twin sister of He-Man, and a sword-wielding royal rebel known for her strength. We’re definitely not talking about Cinderella here.
The Duchess of Sussex was reportedly a Princess Diana fan while she was younger, and was pictured in front of Buckingham Palace as a teen.
Meghan’s childhood friends have often said that she was fascinated by the royal family, especially her husband Prince Harry’s mother Princess Diana.
Meghan was “always fascinated” with the royal family, according to Ninaki Priddy, and desired to be “Princess Diana 2.0.”
Meghan viewed Diana’s funeral with “tears coursing down her cheeks,” according to royal biographer Andrew Morton.
“Aged 16, she watched the funeral of Diana with her friends, tears coursing down their cheeks at the poignant moment when the cameras zoomed in on the royal coffin,” he wrote.
The Tig was shut down by Markle in April 2017, a year after she married Prince Harry at Windsor Castle. In a farewell message, she wrote, “What began as a passion project (my little engine that could) evolved into an amazing community of inspiration, support, fun and frivolity. You’ve made my days brighter and filled this experience with so much joy.”
When she first encountered the Queen at The Royal Lodge in Windsor, the 39-year-old, who is expecting her second child, said she didn’t even know how to curtsy.
“It wasn’t part of something that was part of the conversation at home. It wasn’t something that we followed.”
“Right in front of the house we practiced and ran in,” she recalled. “Fergie ran out and said, ‘Do you know how to curtsy?’ Apparently, I did a very deep curtsy, I don’t remember it, and then we sat there, and we chatted.”
Meghan, however, wrote in her blog seven years earlier about her fantasy of being a princess and Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding.
Kate and William wed in a stunning wedding at Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011. Kate wore an Alexander McQueen lace wedding gown, while William and his best man Harry wore their army uniforms.
At the contentious sit-down discussion with Oprah, Meghan, whose mother is black, and Harry made some explosive arguments.
The couple made the controversial allegation that a member of the royal family expressed confusion over “how dark” their son Archie’s face, whom they declined to name.
Meghan even admitted to feeling suicidal at one stage, but was advised she couldn’t get professional help because that would be “it wouldn’t be good for the institution”
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Actress in shock as she flashes crotch on red carpet
- Lili Reinhart poses for topIess photo on a rooftop
- Willem Dafoe’s confusing, large D*** was cut from film
- Charlotte Crosby accidentally flashes her under wear
- Actor was ‘disgusted’ by his own masturbati0n scene
- Jada smith hates Margot Robbie for sleeping with Will Smith
- “Steven Seagal squeezed my a*s on the wall”: Actor
- Jack Nicholson’s friends fear he’ll die alone like Brando
- Kim Kardashian flaunts her curvy assets
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jennifer Lawrence’s huge N!PPLES scare her
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set