Meghan and Harry face backlash over ‘good publicity’ bid by leaking Kate, Wills anniversary message
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
After leaking their private communications with Kate Middleton and Prince William, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been branded “hypocrites” by royal experts.
The Sussexes “privately congratulated” the Cambridges on their 10-year wedding anniversary, according to a spokesperson for the pair.
Confirming the move, on the other hand, has drew criticism.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have come under fire over an alleged “publicity stunt” designed to make them “look good on social media,” according to a royal expert.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who have been in the spotlight since their controversial interview with US TV host Oprah, have been chastised for using social media to gain attention.
The Daily Beast released the leak amid the couple’s request for privacy after they left the Royal Family, fearing that persistent leaks regarding their relationship with the Firm would jeopardize their hoped-for reconciliation.
Confirming the move, according to royal experts, is “manipulative.”
Other members of the royal family, meanwhile, expressed their best wishes on social media.
“The Queen and Prince Charles made their messages of congratulations to William and Kate on their tenth anniversary in public, so why didn’t Harry and Meghan?” said Phil Dampier, author of Royally Suited: Harry and Meghan In Their Own Words.
‘Instead they [Meghan and Harry] relied on their spokespeople leaking out the fact they sent a message, making it look manipulated and contrived,’ the author was quoted as saying.
Mr Dampier also said that the Cambridge-Sussex relationship has been “broken” for the past two years, with leaks making it impossible to restore.
“William’s big fear is that anything he says to his brother in an effort to heal their rift is immediately leaked to the media, and that makes it very difficult for them to have a proper conversation,” he said.
“To carry on a war with Harry’s blood family is unnecessary and counter-productive, and the sooner they realise that the better.
“They should get on with their lives, stop playing the victim and stop playing on their royal connections by leaking stories while pleading for privacy.
“People can see through it and anyone who advises them to carry on this way is giving them bad advice.”
The Queen sent a nice message of congratulations via her official Twitter account.
“Wishing The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge a very happy wedding anniversary,” she wrote on Twitter.
“Today marks ten years since Their Royal Highnesses exchanged vows at Westminster Abbey.”
“Of course, Harry and Meghan are being hypocritical, still briefing the media,” royal analyst Angela Levin said.
“Their choice was to send it privately but everyone has to know how good they are by publicising it through their huge PR group of people.
“I don’t know what they said in the message,” she continued, “but I doubt it was full of love and comfort.”
Meanwhile, Piers Morgan has hit more at the Duchess, claiming that he doesn’t believe her.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry make the most of every chance to draw attention to themselves.
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Rapper caught masturb@ting during flight, arrested
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Kevin Spacey showed teenager his pen!s … ‘You touch it’
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts