Meghan Markle’s Father learned of baby Lili on Radio
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
Meghan Markle’s estranged father Thomas Markle said that he learned about his granddaughter Lilibet’s birth over the radio, The Sun reports.
Thomas Markle, Meghan Markle’s estranged father, said he is “very pleased” with the arrival of his baby grandchild.
The estranged father, who hasn’t talked to his daughter Meghan since before her wedding to Prince Harry, has extended his best wishes to Meghan and his newborn granddaughter Lilibet Diana.
“I’m very pleased that my daughter and my new granddaughter had a successful delivery,” he told the Sun Online.
“I wish them all my love and the best of luck.”
The grandfather lives 70 miles away from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
In an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes Australia scheduled to broadcast on Sunday, Thomas asked to meet the child.
In the interview, the retired Hollywood lighting engineer apologizes for his “one dumb mistake” and expresses a desire to move on.
In the 40-second teaser, he says, “I haven’t spoken to her since two days before they got married.”
“No phone calls, I just heard it on the radio,” he says when asked how he learned of his granddaughter’s birth.
“I’ll be very disappointed that I don’t get to hold my granddaughter.”
Thomas has yet to meet Prince Harry or his grandson Archie, and royal biographer Robert Jobson believes he will not see his new granddaughter anytime soon.
He told the Daily Mail, “As it stands it seems unlikely that either grandfather will meet their new granddaughter for some time.”
Thomas will not get to see his grandkids for the time being, according to Nigel Cawthorne, author of Call Me Diana: The Princess of Wales on Herself.
“In due course he very likely will, but at the moment he won’t be at the top of the couple’s list for obvious reasons,” he added.
Mr. Markle has continued to criticize Meghan and the royal family in interviews, which is thought to be the basis for their tense relationship. Thomas previously called his son-in-law Harry “snotty,” accusing him of failing to assist her adequately when she was suicidal.
Thomas stated he had two heart attacks after being caught staging paparazzi images with a photographer and backed out of the royal wedding.
He then stated that he had a heated phone call with Harry and Meghan two days before their wedding from his hospital bed.
The baby girl was delivered at 11:40 a.m. at the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, California, and weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. The child is the eighth in line to the throne of the United Kingdom.
The couple stated in a statement that accompanied the birth announcement on Sunday, “Thank you for your continued kindness and support during this very special time for our family,”
They said the baby is “more than we could have ever imagined, and we remain grateful for the love and prayers we’ve felt from across the globe.”
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Rapper caught masturb@ting during flight, arrested
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Kevin Spacey showed teenager his pen!s … ‘You touch it’
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts