Meghan Markle accuses royal family ‘perpetuating falsehoods’ about her
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
According to a snippet from her interview with Oprah Winfrey broadcast on Wednesday night, Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, has accused Buckingham Palace of “perpetuating falsehoods” about herself and her husband, Prince Harry.
In the video, Winfrey asks Meghan, “How do you feel about the palace hearing you speak your truth today?” Meghan’s reply has instantly gone viral.
“I don’t know how they could expect that after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us,” Meghan adds. “And if that comes with risk of losing things, I mean, there’s a lot that’s been lost already.”
The video was less than 30 seconds long, yet it soon took over news websites and TV bulletins in the United Kingdom.
The interview with Oprah, which will run in the United States on Sunday and in the United Kingdom on Monday, is likely to go into detail about Harry and Meghan’s brief time as working royals together before they left for a life in the United States.
In a preview of the upcoming conversation, Winfrey informed Meghan and Harry, “You’ve said some pretty shocking things here.”
According to the Times of London, Meghan was accused in a 2018 complaint of harassing personnel, particularly young women, “to the point of tears.” According to the Times, the duchess mistreated two personal assistants, who later quit their employment, and undermined a third.
“We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex… our HR team will look into the circumstances,” Buckingham Palace stated earlier on Wednesday in a statement.
Members of staff who were active at the time, even those who have since left the Household, will be encouraged to participate in order to determine if any lessons may be learnt.”
“The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”
Meghan’s spokesperson responded, saying, “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.”
“She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.” the spokeswoman stated.
Anyone who believed Prince Harry and Meghan would limit their criticism to the British media, a sector they have made clear they despise, should think again. “The Firm” meaning the Royal Family and its personnel, is plainly in their sights.
This isn’t explicitly about the charges of bullying leveled against Meghan and, to a lesser extent, Harry, which were published after the interview, but the couple sees the charges as an indication of how certain individuals in the palace brief against them.
Buckingham Palace confirmed last month that Harry and Meghan will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family a year after standing down as senior royals, following a year-long evaluation in which the pair first relocated to Canada and then to the United States.
Meghan and Prince Harry’s TV interview with Oprah will broadcast on CBS in the United States on Sunday, March 7th, in the evening.
The interview will air on ITV in the United Kingdom on Monday, March 8 at 21:00 GMT.
They are anticipated to reveal details of life inside the royal family after their fairytale wedding, as well as the reasons behind their divorce.
The CBS interview is anticipated to cover Meghan’s path from becoming a royal through marriage, motherhood, humanitarian work, and dealing with severe public scrutiny, before Harry joins his wife to discuss their historic relocation to the United States.
It comes after Buckingham Palace revealed that the Duke of Edinburgh had a successful operation for a pre-existing cardiac problem and would be hospitalized for a few days.
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Rapper caught masturb@ting during flight, arrested
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Kevin Spacey showed teenager his pen!s … ‘You touch it’
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts