What Is Archewell: Meghan and Harry’s Nonprofit Organization?
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Prince Harry have been discreetly working on the launch of their new charity organization, Archewell, since the beginning of 2020. The humanitarian project follows the couple’s departure from the British royal family as working senior royals, a decision that resulted in the demise of Sussex Royal.
The royal couple’s decision to step down from their formal royal positions, in part to dedicate more time to charitable work, comes as aristocratic philanthropy comes under more scrutiny.
The Archewell Foundation was named after Meghan and Harry’s son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, according to a statement.
Despite the fact that the Archewell Foundation’s launch has been postponed owing to the Sussexes’ devotion to the Black Lives Matter movement and COVID-19 relief work, the couple has been gradually providing more information about the organization.
According to the Telegraph, the non-profit organization will fund multi-media teaching activities, a website, and “emotional support groups.” Prince Harry’s commitment to mental health, both that of all military veterans and that of his own former brothers-in-arms, is well-known.
The white-hot potato of the young family’s staggering security costs — as our own president noted when he hilariously dropped the bomb that the US had no intention of covering even a penny’s worth of that cost — Archewell doesn’t really solve Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s crushing financial problems.
The Sussexes say they want to form a “new charitable entity” to separate themselves from the royal family financially. Their departure from conventional royal life is said to have been spurred in part by a desire to avoid constant and frequently negative media scrutiny.
Archewell is a name that combines an ancient word for strength and action with another that conjures up the vast resources that we all need.
“Before SussexRoyal, came the idea of ‘Arche’—the Greek word meaning ‘source of action.’ We connected to this concept for the charitable organization we hoped to build one day, and it became the inspiration for our son’s name,” read the statement. “To do something of meaning, to do something that matters. Archewell is a name that combines an ancient word for strength and action, and another that evokes the deep resources we each must draw upon.”
Although it is not confirmed that they have taken the David Charvet/Brooke Burke estate that they were rumored to be looking at back in the winter, Serra Retreat in Malibu, where their current alleged bolthole is located, is roughly comparable to the Vancouver Island estate that they occupied in Canada in terms of practiced security-driven inaccessibility.
James Holt, the couple’s communications head in the UK, and Toya Holness, who headed communications at the New York City Department of Education, are both on the team as the Sussexes press secretary. Sunshine Sachs, a public relations firm, will collaborate with Schirmer, Holt, and Holness to manage Meghan and Harry’s activities in Archewell and beyond.
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Rapper caught masturb@ting during flight, arrested
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Kevin Spacey showed teenager his pen!s … ‘You touch it’
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts