Meghan Markle named 2019’s Most Powerful Fashion Icon
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
After breaking into the spotlight alongside Prince Harry, the Duchess of Sussex has ruled over our buying habits.
As Markle makes more public appearances, it’s difficult not to notice her wardrobe, which already appears to have received royal treatment.
According to the annual fashion study, which analyzes data collected throughout the year to determine the greatest trends and fashion stars, the former Suits actress has prompted a 216% spike in searches for similar items to those she has worn.
According to Lyst’s Year in Fashion report, the 37-year-inspiration old’s status isn’t going away anytime soon, with a 216 percent rise in individuals Googling similar ensembles every time she walks out for a public appearance.
The countless fashion websites dedicated to the American actress and what she wears demonstrate the influence of Markle’s status as a new fashion idol to follow.
These sites are aimed at helping Markle followers look like their newest fashion inspiration, including and recognizing every item and wardrobe item, as well as providing links to where to buy them.
To put this in context, the new mother packed five different shirt dresses for her and Prince Harry’s royal trip to Africa in September, which saw the fashion category expand by 45 percent overall.
Last year, the Duchess of Sussex was ranked third, but she has stepped up her game this year and is the only member of the royal family to make the top 10 – the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, is ranked eleventh.
Meghan’s Mirror editors Amanda Dishaw and Christine O’Brien Ross told The Independent: “Meghan is quickly becoming a fashion icon. Her style is modern and on-trend, while still remaining down-to-earth and relatable. People love that her style is familiar, and we could dress in similar outfits for our every day, ‘non-royal’ lives. She has an extremely high profile, thanks to her new husband-to-be, and she is using that to showcase what a 21st century woman looks like.”
The latest analysis illustrates how Meghan has surpassed the Duchess of Cambridge as Windsor’s most influential style icon.
Lyst, a worldwide fashion search site, pitted their Kensington Palace closets against one other earlier this year and discovered that the ‘Meghan Effect’ isn’t slowing down.
Aside from Meghan Markle, actor Timothee Chalamet has been dubbed the most influential male in Hollywood style. The top ten most powerful dressers are Zendaya, Billie Eilish, Cardi B, Lisa from Blackpink, Kylie Jenner, Lizzo, Harry Styles, and Billy Porter.
The influence on retailers is already visible – akin to the “Kate effect,” which refers to the frenzy buyers go into whenever Kate Middleton goes out in an outfit, items worn by Markle have sold out within minutes.
The newest royal has officially become the world’s fashion inspiration, since she is stylish, sophisticated, and unafraid of taking chances.
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Amanda Bynes must stay in psychiatric ward for 30 days
- Actress flashes bum in skimpy underwear
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts