Connect with us

Queen to contest Meghan and Harry ‘mistruths’ going forward

Credit: Sean Gallup / Staff / Getty

Updates

Queen to contest Meghan and Harry ‘mistruths’ going forward

GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX

If the Duke and Duchess of Sussex allow ‘mistruths’ about the Royal Family to proliferate in the public realm, The Mail on Sunday reports that the Queen will no longer keep silent.

They may have forced Queen Elizabeth into a royal corner by threatening the BBC with legal action over reports they did not ask permission for, which they described as “false and defamatory,” and having their friends leak information to friendly American media about their interactions with the queen.

The Queen was the “first family member” Harry phoned, according to Sussex sources. They also stated that they would not have utilized the name if the Queen had not been supportive.

According to the Mail on Sunday, Palace officials are now obliged to refute any misleading media accounts that distort private talks between the Queen and other senior royals.

According to a source close to the Queen, the recent bruising event has pushed her over the edge, reports indicate.

The monarch instructed her courtiers over the weekend to “correct any statements which misrepresent her private conversations or those other senior royals,” according to the Mail on Sunday. The queen took this step after becoming the weekend’s Twitter darling for her successful talks with President Joe Biden and other international leaders gathered in Cornwall, England, for the G7 conference.

The chat regarding the name was allegedly “a telling, not an asking,” according to a source, corroborating a BBC story last week that the Sussexes had not asked the Queen if she had any objections to their choice of name.

“No video call has taken place,” a source told the Mail on Sunday, adding that “friends of the Sussexes appear to have given misleading briefings to journalists about what the Queen had said.”

“The Palace couldn’t deny the story that this was a mistruth.”

The Queen’s more vigorous response to the deluge of media briefings from the Sussexes’ friends, according British sources, will extend beyond the Lilibet narrative.

According to the Daily Beast, these orders indicate that the royal directive to “never complain, never explain” about problematic royal stories has been abandoned, at least in the case of Harry and Meghan.

“This is about whether or not what is being reported is an accurate version of what actually happened,” the source explained.

Following Harry and Meghan’s Oprah appearance, the Royal Family has been tense for months.

The latest spat between the royal establishment and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex erupted in the days following the couple’s announcement of Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-birth Windsor’s in Santa Barbara on June 6.

The 95-year-old monarch grinned and even tapped her feet to the music during Trooping the Colour, her annual birthday procession, yesterday, putting the issue behind her.

Her Majesty smiled as troops and musicians from the Household Division’s Massed Band took part in the spectacular procession.

GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX

Continue Reading
Advertisement
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in Updates

Advertisement

Top stories today

Advertisement

Most viewed this month

Hot Topics

Trending this week

Advertisement
To Top
yes