Jay Z shed tears when his mother came out as a lesbian
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
In a recent interview on David Letterman’s new Netflix show, Jay Z opened up about his mother, Gloria Carter, coming out as gay.
The 48-year-old rapper revealed that he cried tears of joy when his mother disclosed her sexuality, even though he had known for a long time.
It was only after recording his 13th album, 4:44, that he questioned his mother about it.
On the album track Smile, Jay Z raps, “Mama had four kids, but she’s a lesbian/Had to pretend so long that she’s a thespian.
Had to hide in the closet, so she medicate/Society shame and the pain was too much to take.” In the interview, the rapper said, “I was so happy for her that she was free.” He also spoke about the difficulties his mother faced while hiding her true self and protecting her children.
“For her to sit in front of me and tell me, ‘I think I love someone’, I mean, I really cried,” he said.
At the end of the song, Gloria recites a poem where she publicly comes out as gay for the first time.
Speaking about their conversation, Jay Z added, “I knew.
But this was the first time we had the conversation.
And the first time I heard her say she loved her partner, like, ‘I feel like I love somebody’.
She didn’t say, ‘I’m in love’, she said, ‘I feel like I love someone’, and I just, I cried.”
Jay Z has always been supportive of his mother and her journey.
“She’s amazing and everyone should be proud to know her,” he said.
The rapper also spoke about his marriage to Beyoncé and how they celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary.
In other news related to the couple, Beyoncé’s father, Mathew Knowles, recently shared his thoughts on the infamous elevator incident involving Jay Z and Beyoncé’s sister, Solange.
The footage of Solange lashing out at Jay Z in an elevator after the 2014 Met Gala went viral.
Mathew, who was also the former manager of Destiny’s Child and helped launch Beyoncé’s solo career, said, “I laughed so hard because if you know Solange, that’s Solange.
You just never know what you’re gonna get – a firecracker.
I don’t know where she gets that from!”
The interview with Jay Z on David Letterman’s Netflix show is part of the second season of My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.
Other guests this season include Kanye West, Ellen DeGeneres, and Tiffany Haddish.
- ‘Steven Seagal treated me as a s-x toy’
- Noel Clarke told actress he likes s-x from behind
- Charlie Sheen’s nasty addiction to prostitutes and drugs
- Christina Hendricks reacts to s-x symbol status
- Jennifer Lopez forced ex to fire hot female staffers
- Elderly man arrested for public masturbation
- Christina Hendricks in n^de photo hacking scandal
- Actress caught in s-x racket
- ‘How I was sold as s-x slave by my own family’
- Dolly Parton’s husband wants 3some with Jen Aniston
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence’s huge N!PPLES scare her
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress