Connect with us

Queen to directly refute Meghan and Harry’s ‘mistruths’ from now on

Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images

Updates

Queen to directly refute Meghan and Harry’s ‘mistruths’ from now on

GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX

According to The Mail on Sunday, the Queen will no longer keep silent if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex let ‘mistruths’ about the Royal Family to propagate in the public sphere.

The British monarchy has historically followed a policy of “never complain, never explain.”

However, Palace officials are now reportedly planning to refute any inaccurate media accounts that distort private talks between the Queen and other senior royals.

The unexpected action reflects the Queen’s frustration with the couple’s friends’ constant briefings to the media, and comes after a heated feud over Harry and Meghan’s choice of name for their infant daughter.

The Sussexes were widely thought to have sought permission from the Queen before naming their baby daughter the Queen’s nickname, however the BBC confirmed that this was not the case.

The Queen was the “first family member” Harry phoned, according to the Sussexes. They also stated that they would not have utilized the name if the Queen had not been supportive.

The chat between Harry and his grandmother, according to a Royal insider, was “a telling, not an asking,” corroborating a BBC story last week that the Sussexes had not asked the Queen whether she had any objections to their choice of name. Harry and Meghan responded angrily, asking their lawyers to file a legal challenge to the BBC report, which they called “false and defamatory.”

The Queen’s more vigorous response to the deluge of media briefings from the Sussexes’ friends, according to DailyMail sources, will go beyond the Lilibet story.

The source explained, ‘This is about whether or not what is being reported is an accurate version of what actually happened.’

The 95-year-old monarch grinned and even tapped her feet to the music during Trooping the Colour, her annual birthday procession, yesterday, putting the issue behind her.

The ‘new policy’ comes after extended periods of tension in the Royal Family after the Oprah interview, during which the couple claimed that an anonymous source had expressed “concerns” about Archie’s skin color before he was born.

Also, Meghan said that when she informed them she was experiencing suicidal thoughts, ‘the firm’ denied her aid.

The Queen, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge all sent their congratulations when Harry and Meghan, who are currently residing in California, announced the birth of their daughter last Sunday.

Meanwhile, an insider disputed that any video conversation presenting Lilibet to the Queen had been conducted, as reported by US journalists.

“They were very excited and couldn’t wait to share that their daughter arrived,” a source told People.

However, a source close to the Palace has rejected this, telling the Mail on Sunday: “No video call has taken place.

“Friends of the Sussexes appear to have given misleading briefings to journalists about what the Queen had said and that took the whole thing over the edge.

“The Palace couldn’t deny the story that this was a mistruth.”

GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX

Continue Reading
Advertisement
You may also like...
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Louis Vydelingum

    June 14, 2021 at 2:55 pm

    Many a couple has and had given the names of their mother or grandmother to their daughter’s or grandfather’s to their sons, that is a normal thing in families but of course permission need to be sought but not essential.
    What’s in a name anyway?
    Why the media is so concerned about this, don’t they have any important matters to report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in Updates

Advertisement

Top stories today

Advertisement

Most viewed this month

Hot Topics

Trending this week

Advertisement
To Top
yes