Connect with us

Prince Harry, Meghan ask for donations on Archie’s birthday

Karwai Tang / WireImage


Prince Harry, Meghan ask for donations on Archie’s birthday


The British royals frequently celebrate their birthdays by releasing new photos, and last year the Sussexes shared a video in which Meghan read a story to Archie, the seventh-in-line to the British throne.

On May 6th, Prince Harry and his wife Meghan celebrated their son Archie’s second birthday by asking for contributions to help administer COVID-19 vaccines to the world’s most vulnerable.

The duke and duchess wrote on the page, which reads: “Join us in advocating for vaccine equity on Archie’s birthday,” “We have been deeply touched over the past two years to feel the warmth and support for our family in honor of Archie’s birthday,” said the couple, who now live in California after renouncing their royal duties.

The couple used the occasion to ask for $5 contributions so that families in poorer countries may obtain Covid vaccines.

They praised fans for their charitable donations on Archie’s previous birthday in a message posted on the website of their Archewell non-profit organization.

“This year, our world continues to be on the path to recovery from Covid-19. Yet too many families are still struggling with the impact of this pandemic.


“Many of you donate to charities on his behalf, and mark the occasion by giving back or doing an act of service—all through the goodness of your hearts.”

The couple, who are expecting their second child, then asked people to donate to support them in their mission to “bring vaccines to families in the world’s most vulnerable places.”

“We will not be able to truly recover until everyone, everywhere, has equal access to the vaccine,” they wrote, adding that “because we were able to secure matching support from a number of organisations, that $5 you give will automatically turn into $20 – covering the cost of four doses.”

Archie inadvertently became a focal point of the deterioration in the relationship between Harry, the 95-year-old monarch’s grandson, and the rest of the family after they stepped down from their royal positions.

Along with US President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris will also appear at “Vax Live: The Concert To Reunite The World” where performers will include Jennifer Lopez, Eddie Vedder, J Balvin and HER.

The initiative, organized by Global Citizen, an international advocacy organization, encourages firms to “donate dollars for doses” and G7 nations to distribute extra vaccinations.

“Together, we can uplift, protect, and care for one another,” their website states.

“Over the past two years, we have been deeply touched to feel the warmth and support for our family in honor of Archie’s birthday,” the statement continues. “Many of you donate to charities on his behalf, and you commemorate the occasion by giving back or performing an act of service—all out of the goodness of your hearts.”

According to Harry and Markle, much of the vaccine rollout for the coronavirus epidemic has been centered in wealthier nations, and they have asked supporters to donate to efforts to vaccinate families in “the world’s most vulnerable places.”

Popular Posts:



Continue Reading
You may also like...
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Karen

    June 4, 2021 at 12:16 am

    Ya right only 5% of donation go to charity. The other 95% go into the pockets of Harry and Meghan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

New Stories

Trending now

Popular Articles

Most Popular:

To Top