Prince Charles Rewears Suit From Prince Harry and Meghan’s Wedding
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
When Prince Charles went out for an engagement on Tuesday, he was seen wearing a familiar suit.
The Prince of Wales was dressed elegantly in a grey three-piece suit with a blue-grey pattern tie. The heir to the throne is notorious for wearing the same clothing on several occasions.
Most famously, Charles wore this attire at his son, Prince Harry, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex’s wedding in 2018. He donned the outfit once again to visit Royal Ascot.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex married on May 19, 2018, in St. George’s Chapel, and Charles chose to wear garments from his closet rather than something new. He wore a gray three-piece suit as he led Meghan down the aisle.
He completed the look with a blue-gray pattern tie and a blue-and-white striped pocket square on that occasion. Charles changed up his accessories for the 2021 Royal Ascot, opting for pink colors this time.
During a November 2020 interview with British Vogue, Prince Charles discussed the outfit, which he bought from Anderson & Sheppard in 1984.
He said when asked if he would wear a new suit to Prince Harry’s wedding, “I’ve considered it.”
“But in the case of that particular morning coat, as long as I can go on getting into it, I only wear it a few times a year, in the summer, so obviously you want to keep those sorts of things going. But if I can’t fit into them, then I just have to have something new made. But I’m not sure quite how radically different they can be at my age,” Prince Charles explained.
Prince Charles wore the morning coat to another royal wedding, his brother Prince Edward’s wedding to Sophie, Countess of Wessex in 1999.
The Prince of Wales stated that he would prefer keep an item for a long time than buy new outfits on a regular basis. “I happen to be one of those people who’d get shoe–or any item of clothing–repaired if I can, rather than just throw it away,” he said.
“The difficulty is, as you get older, you tend to change shape, and it’s not so easy to fit into the clothes.”
This isn’t the first time Queen Elizabeth II’s eldest son has attended the Royal Ascot in the same attire. In 1990, 2000, and 2006, he wore the gray suit to the Royal Ascot at least three times.
Prince Charles might be reunited with his youngest son soon, as he is expected to return to the United Kingdom for the installation of his mother’s monument.
On July 1, Prince Harry is expected to meet up with the Royal Family for the installation of a statue commemorating Princess Diana’s 60th birthday.
Harry, however, will only be in the UK for a short time, according to NBC royal expert Daisy McAndrew, and will “fly out the same day” after the ceremony.
“I think the family dynamic is pretty rock bottom, I’m afraid,” Ms McAndrew said on the Australian morning show Today.
“I would love to be saying they’ve all made up but there is no indication that’s the case.
“We’re expecting Harry to come over for the unveiling that would coincide with Diana’s 60th birthday on July 1.
“The latest I’ve heard is that he’s planning on flying in and flying out on the same day.”
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Rapper caught masturb@ting during flight, arrested
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Kevin Spacey showed teenager his pen!s … ‘You touch it’
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts