Connect with us

Meghan Markle’s return to UK will be a ‘nightmare’ for the Queen, Expert says

Updates

Meghan Markle’s return to UK will be a ‘nightmare’ for the Queen, Expert says

GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX

A prominent Australian royal expert, Daniela Elser, has warned that Meghan’s reappearance in the UK would be “positively pyretic” and will divert attention away from the Queen.

She said in the Cairns Post, “The stage is set for a PR and logistic nightmare of unrivalled proportions for the palace.

“The point of the four-day Jubilee festival isn’t just a multimillion-pound exercise in shoring up the UK bunting industry.

“There’s a serious message underlying this affair, namely to reinforce the diplomatic import and philanthropic heft of the monarchy.

“That is, the house of Windsor seems to be focused on doing everything they can right now to buttress the monarchy to ensure it can ride out the potentially rocky years of King Charles III.

“That objective could be seriously undermined if the Jubilee bash ends up being thoroughly subsumed by the roiling melodrama of Harry and Meghan’s return.”

Ms Elser added: “The palace desperately needs to find a way to get the persistent bad taste out of the public’s mouths and to remind them why they used to proudly enjoy collecting commemorative royal biscuit tins.

“Again, the Sussex soap opera could jeopardise this goal too.

“This week we got a sour taste of what the whole Trooping the Colour debacle might be like, with Harry having returned to the UK for the unveiling of the statue of Diana, Princess of Wales that he and brother Prince William had previously commissioned.

“The lead up to the event saw a squall of press coverage focused on the miserable state of affairs between the brothers.”

 

Meghan Markle ‘upset people’ from the start

According to royal observers, Meghan Markle’s entrance to The Firm ‘upset’ people from the start.

Royal historian Penny Junor says that palace sources informed her that the Duchess of Sussex was “not as charming as she seemed.”

“I was hearing very bad stories from early on that Meghan was upsetting people,” Junor said on the ITV documentary “Harry and William: What Went Wrong,” adding that Markle’s “showbiz-y approach” to monarchy ruffled feathers.

During an emotional interview with Oprah Winfrey on March 7, she went on to criticize the Sussexes for publicizing their feud with the royal family.

‘Harry and Meghan’s approach is not just Californian, it’s showbiz-y, celebrity. Our Royal Family are not celebrities. They are working members of a public institution.

‘I was appalled by the Oprah interview. These are not statements that should be made for public consumption. This is the sort of thing that should happen in the privacy of a psychiatrist’s couch,’ she said.

The “Suits” star, 39, was “not as charming as she seemed,” she explained.

“Our Royal Family are not celebrities. They are working members of a public institution,” the royal scribe opined. “I was appalled by the Oprah interview. These are not statements that should be made for public consumption. This is the sort of thing that should happen in the privacy of a psychiatrist’s couch.”

A source close to Prince William, 39, told Robert Lacey, the author of Battle of Brothers, that the American actress had a ‘agenda’ from the start.

According to a recent story from The Sun, Prince William was the one who determined that he and Prince Harry ought to “split” their homes in March 2019. According to the article, the decision was taken when Markle’s former communications secretary filed a “bullying” complaint against her in 2018.

The pair left the Royal Family and started a new life in the United States before making shocking allegations in an Oprah interview earlier this year that shook the establishment.

 

In March, Markle and her husband, Prince Harry, 36, appeared on Oprah Winfrey for an explosive interview in which they accused the royal family of racism and ignoring Markle’s requests for assistance.

ITV’s programme sparked outrage when it was revealed that Omid Scobie, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s biographer, had claimed palace insiders informed journalists on worries about Harry’s mental health after an interview he gave.

It follows rumors that Prince Harry will return to the United Kingdom shortly for another memorial ceremony honoring Princess Diana.

GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX

Continue Reading
Advertisement
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in Updates

Advertisement

Top stories today

Advertisement

Most viewed this month

Hot Topics

Trending this week

Advertisement
To Top
yes