Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly want to “keep the peace” after the birth of their second child.
The Duke and Duchess are apparently focusing on their children after a turbulent year including a number of shocking allegations that placed the pair at war with palace insiders and both future Kings of England.
An insider told US Weekly, “It’s no secret that the last year Harry and Meghan have been at war with the royals. All is not forgiven …but after all the backlash regarding their interviews — which by the way, the pair have no regrets about — they’re trying their utmost to maintain a good relationship with The Queen in order to keep the peace.”
In March, the former American actress, 39, and the British royal, 36, gave Oprah Winfrey an emotional interview in which the couple discussed hurtful comments about their baby Archie’s skin color before his birth. Markle spoke of her feelings of loneliness inside the royal family, which drove her to consider suicide.
The former “Suits” star also spoke about her son not being awarded the title of prince.
Prince Harry, for one, said that when they decided to leave the monarchy, they were financially cut off. He went on to say that the money Princess Diana left behind helped him provide for his family’s security.
Harry and Winfrey, 67, most recently cooperated on the Apple TV+ mental-health series “The Me You Can’t See” in which the duke discussed the anguish he experienced after the death of his mother Diana.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s baby looks to be easing tensions between the Sussexes and the royal family. The Queen was the first person they informed of Lili’s birth, and she was also the first to learn of their plan to give their baby girl the monarch’s childhood nickname.
After a BBC story stated the Queen was not contacted before baby Lili’s name was officially disclosed, a spokesperson for Prince Harry and Markle issued a statement:
It reads, “The Duke spoke with his family in advance of the announcement, in fact his grandmother was the first family member he called. During that conversation, he shared their hope of naming their daughter Lilibet in her honor. Had she not been supportive, they would not have used the name.”
Lilibet Diana Mountbatten Windsor was welcomed by the Duke of Sussex, 36, and the Suits star, 39, on Friday, June 4. They shared the news two days later in a statement on their Archewell website.
“She is more than we could have ever imagined, and we remain grateful for the love and prayers we’ve felt from across the globe,” the couple said. “Thank you for your continued kindness and support during this very special time for our family.”
According to a recent In Touch article, Queen Elizabeth is “overjoyed to be a great-grandmother again” to her 11th grandchild.
- Jennifer Lopez forced ex to fire hot female staffers
- Amber Heard may have staged the TJ Maxx shopping pics to sell them herself!
- Jennifer Lopez, Ben Affleck have tense red carpet argument
- Kate Beckinsale addresses plastic surgery reports
- Why Salma Hayek slapped Ryan Reynolds two times
- Julia Roberts was slapped by Sean Penn
- Why Daniel Craig wanted James Bond to die earlier
- Eva Mendes feared working with Will Smith would ruin her career
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are ‘low-grade reality stars’, says Tim Dillon
- Is Megan Fox forcing her sons to ‘wear girls clothes’?