Twitter bans Account tweeting Trump statements
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
A Twitter account that was tweeting statements made by former President Trump was suspended on Thursday, only hours after it was set up.
The new page, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” and its associated Twitter handle, @DJTDesk, both went up on Tuesday.
The account has been suspended by late Wednesday night.
According to a business spokesperson, the account, @DJTDesk, violated the business’s ban evasion policy by publishing content “affiliated with a suspended account.”
However, the BBC discovered that comparable profiles were still operating on the social networking network.
The account, which was suspended under Twitter’s evasion policy, was posting statements from Trump’s new website, which he launched after being barred from most social media platforms and permanently suspended by Twitter.
According to a Twitter spokesperson, “as stated in our ban evasion policy, we will take enforcement action on accounts whose apparent intent is to replace or promote content affiliated with a suspended account.”
However, Trump’s staff rejects control of the account, telling Forbes that “we did not create the account that was shut down.”
According to NBC News, the @DJTDesk account’s bio reads, “Posts copied from Save America on behalf of the 45th POTUS; Originally composed via DonaldJTrump/Desk”
Twitter argues that, while accounts can publish information from Mr Trump’s new website, an individual cannot “circumvent” a ban.
According to data provided this week by NewsWhip, social media engagements on the former president have dropped by more than 90% since January.
Two days after the tragic mayhem at the Capitol on January 6, which claimed the lives of five people, including a D.C. police officer, Twitter stated that Trump’s personal account would be permanently suspended “due to the risk of further incitement of violence.” The corporation said that Trump had broken its Glorification of Violence Policy.
According to Trump spokesperson Jason Miller, the @DJTDesk account was not created by or with the agreement of anybody associated with the former president.
The Desk of Donald J Trump, Mr Trump’s new communication platform, will house remarks and news releases from the former president.
According to Fox News, Twitter briefly disabled Karoline Leavitt’s account, the communications director for Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), late Wednesday before reinstating it Thursday morning. “The only reason I can think that Twitter would have suspended me is that I followed several Republican members of Congress and GOP activists at once last night, and within minutes, my account had been suspended,” Leavitt told Fox. A Twitter spokesperson informed Fox that the account was suspended “in error.”
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Lili Reinhart poses for topIess photo on a rooftop
- Actress in shock as she flashes crotch on red carpet
- Willem Dafoe’s confusing, large D*** was cut from film
- Charlotte Crosby accidentally flashes her under wear
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts