Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey get Emotional in new trailer for docuseries about mental health
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
The Me You Can’t See, a series made by Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, has aired its first trailer on Apple TV+. The new documentary series, premiering this Friday, May 21, will give viewers a look at the complex stories of mental health and emotional well-being.
Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry teamed up to help people talk about mental health and emotional well-being while still sharing their own intimate stories and challenges.
In the recent trailer for their mental health film, Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey get emotional.
“All over the world people are in some kind of mental, psychological, emotional pain,” Oprah says as she sits next to Harry.
Harry, who has spoken about his own struggles, especially after the death of his mother, Princess Diana, in 1997, says, “To make that decision to receive help is not a sign of weakness. In today’s world, more than ever, it is a sign of strength .”
The series’ co-creators and executive producers, Harry and Oprah Winfrey, then explore terms synonymous with mental health, such as “crazy” “lost it” and “can’t keep it together.”
“With that stigma of being labeled ‘the other,’ the telling of the story, being able to say, ‘This is what happened to me,’ is crucial,” Oprah continues.
Interviews with celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Glenn Close, NBA players DeMar DeRozan and Langston Galloway, and famous chef Rashad Armstead will be featured in “The Me You Can’t See”.
In the trailer, Gaga says, “I don’t tell this story for my own self-service,” “I’ve been through it and people need help.”
As Gaga, Near, Winfrey, and Armstead (among others) tear up in front of the camera, the trailer offers audiences a glimpse into the feelings and personal conversations to come from the film.
As video recordings of Prince Harry walking behind his mother’s coffin are seen, he can be heard commenting on his own mental health.
He can be seen putting his hand to his mouth and looking clearly distraught off camera at one stage.
“To make that decision to receive help is not a sign of weakness,” the Duke of Sussex is quoted as saying.
“In today’s world, more than ever it is a sign of strength.”
The series aims to shine light on different recovery pathways by collaborating with 14 certified mental health providers and organisations from around the world.
Dawn Porter, John Lewis, and Academy Award and four-time BAFTA Award winner Asif Kapadia directed and executive produced the show. Jen Isaacson and Nell Constantinople are the show’s producers.
Meghan Markle also appears in the trailer, smiling and watching over Harry’s shoulder as he works on his laptop, wearing a “Raising the Future” T-shirt.
When an image of Meghan reading to their son Archie in her lap is seen, Harry says, “The results of this year will be felt for decades.” “By kids, families, husbands, wives – everybody.”
Harry has previously spoken out on mental health issues. Along with Prince William and Kate Middleton, he unveiled the Heads Together campaign to encourage people to talk about mental health. On an episode of the Mad World podcast hosted by journalist Bryony Gordon, Harry also discussed “shutting down all of my emotions” for the 20 years after his mother Princess Diana’s death.
Everyday citizens such as Selah Carefarm participant David, author and counselor Ambar, a volunteer at a Zimbabwe Friendship Bench, Syrian refugee Fawzi, Founder and CEO of Ya All Sadam, mental health advocate Alex, and poet Hussain are also included in the series.
The trailer was released just days after Harry appeared on Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast, where he told some never-before-heard stories about the stresses of growing up royal and the early days of his relationship with Meghan Markle.
In another interview with Winfrey, the Duke of Sussex talked candidly about mental-health problems that he and Markle have personally experienced. He said Markle assisted him in realizing he was “trapped” by his royal lifestyle, and Markle said she “didn’t want to be alive anymore” but couldn’t get assistance.
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Actress in shock as she flashes crotch on red carpet
- Lili Reinhart poses for topIess photo on a rooftop
- Willem Dafoe’s confusing, large D*** was cut from film
- Charlotte Crosby accidentally flashes her under wear
- Actor was ‘disgusted’ by his own masturbati0n scene
- Jada smith hates Margot Robbie for sleeping with Will Smith
- “Steven Seagal squeezed my a*s on the wall”: Actor
- Kim Kardashian flaunts her curvy assets
- Jack Nicholson’s friends fear he’ll die alone like Brando
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jennifer Lawrence’s huge N!PPLES scare her
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set