Meghan ‘wasn’t too keen’ on living in smaller place than Kate and William after royal wedding
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
According to royal author Tom Quinn, Meghan Markle didn’t understand her lower status within the royal family.
Meghan Markle reportedly felt “shunted off” after she was told to live in Nottingham Cottage rather than Kensington Palace.
According to the Express, Meghan’s short stint on the royal frontline shows she has never enjoyed living on royal estates.
Quinn discussed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with the Pod Save the Queen podcast, saying Meghan was “shunted off” and that she and Harry were not offered a more lavish residence like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Mr Quinn told podcast host Ann Gripper that Meghan was originally “drawn in” by the fantasy aspect that comes with being a member of the Royal Family.
But, he said, she grew dissatisfied with life “in a little cottage” after she and Prince Harry settled into married life.
After their marriage, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stayed at Nottingham Cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace, while Prince William and Kate Middleton remain in Kensington Palace’s apartment 1A.
Known as ‘Nott Cott,’ the two-bedroom cottage was the couple’s home before they moved to Frogmore Cottage, and then to California.
He claimed, “I think that actually, she wasn’t too keen on that. “It seemed like they were being shunted off to a little prefab in the grounds .”
Harry and Meghan did not stay in Nottingham Cottage for long, and instead relocated to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, reportedly to escape the stresses of city life.
The new Windsor home was given to Harry and Meghan, who had it extensively renovated in preparation for the birth of their son Archie.
Despite the £2.4 million upgrade, Quinn said Meghan was “disappointed” by Frogmore Cottage.
But, according to Mr Quinn, this arrangement was also unsatisfactory because Meghan “suddenly realised it was like living in the Russian Steppe”
“She was away from everything,” said the author of “Kensington Palace: An Intimate Memoir from Queen Mary to Meghan Markle.”
However, writers Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand of the pro-Sussex biography Finding Freedom reported that the Duchess was originally “thrilled” to be staying there.
“After months of long-distance, Meghan was thrilled to finally be sharing a postcode, W8 4PY, with her partner,” they claimed.
“She felt at home at Nott Cott with Harry — she’s always been able to bloom where she was planted, but she hadn’t moved to London to start a new job.
“She had moved to London to start a new life.”
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Rapper caught masturb@ting during flight, arrested
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Kevin Spacey showed teenager his pen!s … ‘You touch it’
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts