Meghan and Harry’s cute nod to Doria in daughter’s name Lilibet
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
It has been suggested that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle paid respect to Doria Ragland by naming their baby Lilibet.
The Duke and Duchess of Susses may have incorporated Doria’s nickname for Meghan as part of Lilibet’s name, according to journalist Afua Adom.
“Lilibet is such a pretty name, it’s such a cute name,” she explained on Good Morning Britain today. “It’s not just about being named after the Queen.”
“It is a bit of a nod to Meghan’s mother Doria as well, because Meghan’s mother’s nickname for her is flower, hence why we’ve got Lili in there for Lilibet.”
Susanna Reid, the host, disagreed with this notion, calling it “a bit of a stretch”
“It’s a bit of a stretch,” Ms Adom replied.
“But it’s also a bit of a stretch to say that the Queen is now sitting up in bed with her egg and soldiers, blindsided and disappointed and fuming that her great grandchild is named after her!”
This was in reference to Angela Levin’s comments that using the name was rude.
Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor was born in California at 11:40 a.m. on Friday, and she bears Her Majesty’s family nickname.
Her grandfather, King George V, gave her the nickname Lilibet since she couldn’t pronounce her given name, Elizabeth, as a child.
Royal biographer Angela Levin earlier labeled Meghan and Harry “rude” and “demeaning” for naming their baby Lilibet.
“I don’t think it’s right, it’s rude.
“It was a very private nickname from her husband, who hasn’t been long dead.”
“It was his name, it was his special name,” Angela remarked when Susanna pointed out that it hadn’t really been private because everyone knew it.
“I think it’s quite demeaning.”
Co-host Richard Madeley then inquired about the Queen was happy about it.
“Not after what’s happened, she’s desperately unhappy,” Ms Levin said.
“Harry did mention to his grandma that he was going to name his daughter after her but I bet she didn’t know it was going to be Lilibet.”
The joyous news was revealed by the Sussexes’ press secretary yesterday.
“Both mother and child are healthy and well, and settling in at home,” she said.
“Her middle name, Diana, was chosen to honour her beloved late grandmother, the Princess of Wales.”
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Amanda Bynes must stay in psychiatric ward for 30 days
- Actress flashes bum in skimpy underwear
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts