Meghan and Harry Exchange ‘Creative and Romantic’ anniversary gifts
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex married on May 19, 2018 in a dazzling wedding and are known to commemorate their anniversary by giving ‘very creative and romantic’ cotton-themed gifts, according to a source.
“The first anniversary was paper, and Meghan wrote out the wedding speech and had it framed for him,” a source told PEOPLE.
The paper anniversary is thought to represent the fragility of marriage and how it must be preserved, whereas cotton, which typically celebrates the second anniversary, represents the couple’s growing closeness.
“Undoubtedly, it was a very creative and romantic gesture as all their gifts are to one another,” the insider continued.
When it comes to their own wedding anniversary, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are adept gift givers.
“Cotton’s woven threads symbolize how you become more interconnected as time goes on and learn to be more flexible,” according to wedding website The Knot.
Leather is a classic third-anniversary gift, representing something that only grows better with age.
Meghan and Harry enjoyed a very “reflective celebration” together self-isolating in LA at Tyler Perry’s £15 million Beverly Hills estate, where they are presently residing, according to royal analyst Katie Nicholl.
“The last year has been pretty epic, and all the changes they have lived through and gone through are huge,” she told Vanity Fair.
“To be honest, they’re hardly coming up for air.”
According to her source, the couple spent their anniversary “mostly offline” with their one-year-old son Archie.
“They are both extremely attentive parents. Harry wants to give Archie the childhood he always wanted,” an insider previously told PEOPLE. “They spend a ton of time outside, and both Harry and Meghan love to play—all the private space is a dream for them.
According to Finding Freedom, a biography of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, the pair celebrated their first wedding anniversary with a customary Sunday lunch with Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland.
According to the book, Harry also gave Meghan an eternity ring, which she first wore when she presented their kid to the world in Windsor Castle.
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Lili Reinhart poses for topIess photo on a rooftop
- Actress in shock as she flashes crotch on red carpet
- Willem Dafoe’s confusing, large D*** was cut from film
- Charlotte Crosby accidentally flashes her under wear
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts