Prince Harry Sparks furious backlash in the US after calling First Amendment ‘bonkers’
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
In the United States, Prince Harry has sparked outrage by calling the First Amendment, one of the country’s most prized founding principles, “bonkers.”
After whining about the US constitution on a podcast while acknowledging he doesn’t completely understand it, the Duke of Sussex received backlash.
The Duke of Sussex made the remarks on an episode of Dax Shepard and Monica Padman’s “Armchair Expert” podcast.
According to the Daily Mail, the Duke of Sussex made the comment while describing the media “feeding frenzy” that followed his stay at Tyler Perry’s Beverly Hills home.
According to the paper, Harry said, “I’ve got so much I want to say about the First Amendment as I sort of understand it, but it is bonkers.”
“I don’t want to start going down the First Amendment route because that’s a huge subject and one which I don’t understand because I’ve only been here a short time.
“But, you can find a loophole in anything. You can capitalise or exploit what’s not said rather than uphold what is said,” Harry said.
The irony of a British royal interfering in American politics was noticed by critics, with Republican Texas congressman Dan Crenshaw writing, “Well, I just doubled the size of my Independence Day party.”
‘For Prince Harry to condemn the USA’s First Amendment shows he has lost the plot. Soon he will not be wanted on either side of the pond,’ said Brexit architect Nigel Farage.
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, responded, “Nice that he can say that.”
“If he has a problem with the constitution then he can go back to Britain,” one angered American wrote on social media.
“Get the hell out of America,” said another.
“He’s such a tiresome flog. Shut up, Harry, ” wrote Rita Panahi, an Australian newspaper writer.
“Sunday Riddle: How many more Hollywood-style interviews will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle give before they finally achieve the privacy they claim to be so desperate for?” Candace Owens, a republican political activist, responded.
Dinesh D’Souza, a conservative blogger, filmmaker, and podcast host, said, “I wonder if he also thinks the Fourth Amendment is ‘bollocks’ and the 14th Amendment is ‘pish-posh.’”
Another person tweeted, “Imagine being completely mystified by the idea that people have a right to speak their minds without fear of being arrested.”
Prince Harry also criticized Prince Charles, Prince Philip, and the Queen’s parenting in the podcast, claiming he had experienced ‘genetic pain,’ causing enraged royal aides to insist he hand over his royal titles.
The remarks went unnoticed until Saturday, when they were reported in a Spectator magazine gossip column.
Critics pointed out that Harry is a visitor in his newly adopted country, and that if he doesn’t like it, he should return to the UK.
‘Don’t let the door knob hit you, Windsor,’ tweeted Laura Ingraham of Fox News.
‘Prince Harry is attacking America’s First Amendment,’ veteran Navy Intel officer Jack Posobiec tweeted.
Others accused Prince Harry of criticizing one of the United States’ fundamental values without first attempting to comprehend it.
‘Prince Harry having strong opinions on the First Amendment without understanding it or informing himself about it shows how well he is assimilating here,’ another Twitter user said.
‘Hey, go home! We fought a war to get rid of Royals on our soil No need to understand anything we do. Bye!! ‘ Diane, a Twitter regular, said
‘Well, here in America he has the right to say stupid things,’ Larry Keane said.
Another Twitter user joked, “I’ll fly to his house right f***ing now just to dump a box of Tetley in his pool if he keeps running his mouth like this.”
In the United States, the First Amendment safeguards a number of fundamental liberties.
This encompasses the freedoms of religion, speech, and the press, as well as the right to assemble and petition the government.
Last year, Prince Harry, his wife Meghan Markle, and their son Archie moved to the United States to start a new life.
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Rapper caught masturb@ting during flight, arrested
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Kevin Spacey showed teenager his pen!s … ‘You touch it’
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts