Most Britons say Prince Harry and Meghan Markle should LOSE their royal titles for good
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
The majority of the British public believe Harry and Meghan should either lose or avoid using their royal titles.
Despite leaving the Royal Family and moving to California with son Archie, the Sussexes have kept their titles.
According to Rebecca English of the Daily Mail, three out of five people polled believe the pair should lose their formal Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles.
One-fifth said they should be allowed to keep them but not use them on a daily basis.
The poll’s findings were released on the couple’s third wedding anniversary.
It comes after the Queen told the Sussexes not to use their HRH status in their business operations, so they instead refer to themselves as Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.
It has reignited speculation about whether the Queen should entirely deprive them of the dukedom, which was granted to them as a wedding present.
According to a poll of 4,567 people, 44% say the pair should be stripped of their royal titles.
According to 20% of those polled, the couple’s titles need not be lost, but they should stop using them now that they have left the UK.
Just 17% of respondents thought Harry and Meghan should retain their royal names, although 20% were unsure.
Her Majesty and her senior advisors are mindful, however, that the public blamed the monarchy for Harry’s mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, losing her royal title despite her consent.
Buckingham Palace is wary of being accused of acting equally vengefully against her son. Following the publication of a podcast in which Harry criticized his father’s and grandparents’ parenting practices, YouGov conducted the poll of just over 4,500 adults on May 17.
Harry blasted his 72-year-old father Charles’ parenting, saying he moved to California to “break the cycle of pain” for his wife Meghan.
Last week, Harry said on Dax Shepard’s Armchair podcast that he moved to the United States partially to “break the cycle of genetic pain” for his children.
It comes when sources close to Harry say that his grievances are ‘no different’ from his father’s portrayal of his miserable upbringing in Jonathan Dimbleby’s authorised 1994 biography.
Harry said that his father “suffered” as a result of the Queen and Philip’s upbringing, and that he therefore “treated me the way he was treated.”
Harry opened up to the US podcast host about his mental health issues in a painfully honest and profanity-laced interview.
He also said that when he was growing up, he was told, “You need help,” but he denied it, insisting, “There is nothing wrong with me.”
The couple’s UK-based Sussex Royal charity, called MWX trading after they agreed to leave their jobs as working royals, is “winding down” according to reports.
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Amanda Bynes must stay in psychiatric ward for 30 days
- Actress flashes bum in skimpy underwear
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts