Meghan Markle’s use of title on debut book branded ‘laughable’ as she wanted to cut Royal ties
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
Meghan Markle’s use of the title Duchess of Sussex for her latest book is “laughable” according to a royal expert, since she decided to break links with the royal family.
In the aftermath of Megxit and the devastating interview with Oprah Winfrey, royal commentator Angela Levin said using the title of Duchess of Sussex on the front cover of Meghan’s first children’s book is “ridiculous” “The fact that she wants to cling on to her royal title and the book is written by Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, is laughable.” the biographer said.
An image of the book was uploaded to the internet yesterday, ahead of its June 8 release.
“Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex” is the pen name offered to the soon-to-be mother on the front cover.
The fact that she wishes to keep her royal title and the book is published by Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, is laughable, according to the Prince Harry biographer.
“Because they wanted to get away from the Royal Family, they hated the Royal Family – they felt trapped.
“They didn’t like it, they wanted freedom and they’ve got freedom. You can’t have everything you want like that.”
Most people with a royal title, according to the author, will not use it while signing off on a novel.
“You don’t use your royal position to make commercial gain,” she said.
“Not many people sign a book with their titles, it’s just ridiculous.
“They write their name and people should know who they are – they don’t add ‘Duchess of this and that’ after it.”
During their interview with Oprah, which aired in early March, Meghan and Harry discussed feeling trapped inside the Royal Family and the palace.
Meghan admitted she was suffering with her mental health and pregnant with Archie Harrison in a landmark two-hour interview with the American journalist.
She went on to state that as a senior royal, she “couldn’t just go” check herself into a hospital after alleging she had sought assistance from the palace but was informed they couldn’t help her.
“You couldn’t,” she said. “I mean, you have to understand, as well, when I joined that family, that was the last time, until we came here, that I saw my passport, my driver’s licence, my keys.”
“All that gets turned over. I didn’t see any of that any more.”
“Well, the way you’re describing this, it…,” Oprah said to Meghan, “It’s like you were trapped and couldn’t get help, even though you’re on the verge of suicide. That’s what you are describing. That’s what I’m hearing.”
Asked if this would be “an accurate interpretation” of what she was saying, Meghan responded: “That’s the truth”.
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Katy Perry poses topIess in odd photo
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Amanda Bynes must stay in psychiatric ward for 30 days
- Actress flashes bum in skimpy underwear
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts