Meghan and Harry removed from royal section to celeb zone at Madame Tussauds
GET TOP STORIES VIA INBOX
The waxworks of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Madame Tussauds in London are embarking on a new chapter among the Hollywood elite.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex abruptly left the Royal Family to pursue financial independence in the United States, just as businesses were closing down in the wake of last year’s disastrous Covid pandemic. Madame Tussauds, a waxwork museum in London, is due to reopen on Monday, May 17 after lockdown restrictions were lifted. However, the museum seems to have undergone several modifications to reflect the Royal Family’s tumultuous year.
The Sussexes’ waxwork models have been moved from Madame Tussauds’ royal segment in London to join other celebrities, the renowned attraction announced on Thursday (May 13).
“Harry and Meghan have moved zones – Madame Tussauds London has moved its figures of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to their brand new Awards Party zone to reflect their move from Frogmore to Hollywood,” Madame Tussauds said in a statement, referring to the couple’s former British home Frogmore Cottage.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be rubbing elbows with real-life celebrity pals Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Victoria and David Beckham, and George Clooney, as well as A-listers including Brad Pitt, Dwayne Johnson, and Nicole Kidman, when the museum reopens on Monday after a lengthy closure due to Covid-19.
“We cannot wait to open our doors to guests again from May 17 and get back to what we do best,” said Madame Tussauds General Manager Tim Waters.
“We’ll be unveiling a host of exciting changes to the attraction and welcoming some new famous faces to our star-studded line-up that will help bring back the glamour and excitement that London has been craving, all in the safest way possible.”
The sculptures have also been given a “refreshed look,” according to the museum. The waxwork figures seem to be wearing revamped costumes in their new home, including a blue form-fitting dress and a navy coat, which appear to be based on a viral picture taken shortly before they revealed their decision to step down as senior royals last March.
The two waxwork figures had previously stood alongside Queen Elizabeth II, the late Prince Philip, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the royal collection. The decision to relocate the two represented their “progressive new role within the Royal institution,” according to the museum.
“As two of our most popular and well-loved figures they will of course remain an important feature at Madame Tussauds London as we watch to see what the next chapter holds for the them,” said Steve Davies, the attraction’s general manager at the time.
Harry and Meghan still live in Frogmore Cottage in the United Kingdom, but they are unlikely to return anytime soon, particularly because Meghan is expecting her second child.
During an interview with Oprah Winfrey in March, the pair threw the royal family into disarray.
In addition, Harry told Oprah that he feels betrayed by his father and that “there’s a lot of hurt that’s happened” between them.
He also said that his relationship with his brother William was “spaced” but that he adored him.
A documentary series on mental health challenges co-created by Harry and US talk show queen Oprah Winfrey will air on Apple TV+ later this month.
Prior to the broadcasts, Harry appeared on Dax Shephard’s “Armchair Expert” podcast, where he compared his life as a royal to the “Truman Show,” a film about a man who accidentally grew up as the lead character in a successful worldwide television reality show.
He also revealed that he and Meghan met in a store to escape paparazzi cameras when they first started dating, and that the pair have more privacy after moving to California with their young son Archie.
After relocating to Meghan’s home state of California at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, the couple eventually bought a mansion in the Montecito area, where they live alongside celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey.
- ‘Harvey Weinstein masturb@ted on my bre-sts and face’
- Rapper caught masturb@ting during flight, arrested
- Lady Gaga flaunts her side b**b and cleav@ge
- Kevin Spacey showed teenager his pen!s … ‘You touch it’
- Actress refuses to film under wear scene
- Mia Khalifa goes br*less in stunning pictures
- Rachel McAdams feared dog would tear B00B apart
- Christina Milian suffers shocking wardrobe malfunction
- How Monica Lewinsky seduced Bill Clinton in White House
- Kylie Jenner accidentally flashes KN!CKERS in tiny dress
- Leo DiCaprio slept with 7 different women at this event
- Rihanna poses n-ked in bathtub in new video
- Leonardo DiCaprio is lazy and bad in bed
- ‘I caught Jack Nicholson having a threesome’ – Actress
- Selena Gomez goes braless, wearing almost nothing
- Jennifer Lawrence had a ‘ton of s-x’ during acting break
- Emily Ratajkowski flaunts s-xy legs in yellow mini dress
- Jon Hamm fed up of discussions about his huge member
- Dakota Johnson stole underwear and a s-x toy from the “Fifty Shades” set
- Burt Reynolds: My s*x life was ruined by my stunts